Spring break may not seem that close as the weather is still chilly, but it’s time to get the family excited! Here are some ways to do just that as well as plan for your vacation (to the Emerald Coast of course).
1} Start the countdown NOW!
Excitement will build over the next few months in anticipation of your family vacation!
- Setup a calendar or board to count down the actual days and take turns marking them off
- Get a white board and have it open for ideas from the entire family of things they want to see and do
- And of course, pick your destination and book your flight (to the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport)
2} Start the shopping list on the before mentioned board…
You know you don’t want to forget anything, so write it down!
- Towels, beach chairs, coolers, hats
- List of good books or audio books
- And, anything else you want to bring…write it down so you are ready to start packing
3} Research and Reserve the details…
There are so many places you will want to see and what you want to do, so make sure to research the area you are going to. Use online services (there are plenty of links on the FlyVPS.com and EmeraldCoastFL.com websites for example) that can give you plenty of ideas, excursions, restaurants and more about the area you are going to.
- First, book your flight (check the FlyVPS.com site of course)
- Second, reserve your rental car (you can also link to those on the FlyVPS.com site and pick up right at the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport when you arrive)
- Third, book your excursions right at FlyVPS.com
- Fourth, make a list of all the beaches and restaurants you want to visit while you are on Spring Break
4} Don’t forget to secure your home while you are away..
- Stop mail and newspaper deliveries.
- Ask trusted neighbors to watch your property while you’re gone.
- Don’t discuss your trip around strangers, and caution your children to avoid exposing your plans on their favorite social media sites.
- Make sure to lock your doors and windows before you leave — all of them.
- To make your home look like it is still occupied, consider installing a timer to turn your interior lights on and off on a regular schedule.
- If you plan on parking your vehicle at the airport, remove your GPS device and leave it at home. If your vehicle is broken into, the GPS could give robbers directions back to your unoccupied and vulnerable home.
The goal is to have fun with the family, learn a little, relax a lot and explore a new place!
We hope you have a great spring break and we hope you decide to join us on the Emerald Coast!