Travel FAQ: Destin - Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS)
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Your Airline For the Following Questions
What size suitcase can I carry on board? How many bags are allowed per person/family?
- Each airline may have specific differences when it comes to overhead compartment space. Please contact the airline prior to your arrival for rules and regulations.
Who do I talk to about shipping an animal?
- Each airline may have specific differences when it comes to shipping animals. Please contact the airline prior to your arrival for rules and regulations.
Where do I confirm a flight?
- Please contact the airline(s) you will be flying with or visit their website.
Has bad weather delayed flights?
- Please contact the appropriate airline to determine their current flight schedule. The Airport Administration office currently does not have access to this database. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Is the hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico going to delay my flight in two days?
- Please contact your airline the day of your flight. Hurricanes have a tendency to change course at any given time.
My baggage was torn. Who should I call?
- Please contact your airline. They are responsible for your handling your baggage.
I lost my valuable(s) while traveling. Who should I call?
- Please contact your airline if you believe you left it on the plane. If you believe your item is at the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport, you may contact Airport Police at (850) 651-7166.
How can I confirm a flight?
- Please contact your airline.
What type of photo identification will my minor need to fly?
- Please contact the airline(s) on which your child will be traveling.
I left/lost my driver's license. What other kind of identification can I use? Will they let me fly without it?
- Please contact the airline(s) you will be flying with.
My child will be flying out soon. How can I get someone to help them and make sure they get to their destination?
- We suggest that you ask for assistance when making the reservation. If you have already made the reservation you may contact the airline locally to arrange for assistance with your child.
What is your airport code?
- The Destin - Fort Walton Beach Airport (commercial) has the FAA code VPS.
- The Bob Sikes Airport/Crestview Airport (general) has the FAA code CEW.
- The Destin Executive Airport (general) has the FAA code DTS.
Can you page someone?
- Absolutely! You may reach our staff at the phone numbers listed on our Contact Page and we will be happy to assist you.
How early do I need to arrive before my flight leaves?
- TSA recommends that you arrive at the airport at least two (2) hours prior to your flight departure.
Can someone help me with my bags?
- We suggest someone drive you to the airport, and drop you off with your bags at the main entrance.
- The airport has complimentary luggage carts located in baggage claim as a courtesy to our passengers.
- SkyCaps are available to assist you with your baggage.
I am handicapped. Is there a way I can get assistance at your airport? Can I get assistance at my destination city?
- We suggest that you ask for assistance when making your reservations. We will be happy to work with the airlines to accommodate you. If you have made your reservations you may contact the airline to arrange for assistance. Also, see our "Traveling with Disabilities" Page.
We have a late flight coming in, will the rental car counter still be open when we land?
- The rental car counters remains open until the last flight arrives. Contact the rental car company to arrange your rental.
Is there a Service Animal/Pet Relief Area available at the airport?
- Yes, we have a fenced off Service Animal/Pet Relief Area located at the front of the airport.